Monday, January 27, 2014

DIY Animal Jewelry Holder

After snazzing up the dresser in my closet, I had some fun creating a new way to display jewelry with plastic animals from the dollar store.  



It seems almost anything can be transformed with spray paint and a glue gun these days! 


I used one of our silver china plates and a decorative saucer dish that I found at Homegoods for the bases.  Then, I applied a dot of hot glue to the feet and attached them to the plates. 


Instant jewelry holder!  I think they would make a great Valentine's gift for a woman in your life too. 


The elephant's trunk and tusks would also make great ring hangers. 


Do you have a cute way you display your jewelry? 






19 comments:

  1. So darling and chic! And I love anything that involves spray paint and a glue gun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I have several decorative bowls and a little cupcake stand that I use for my bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! So original, I never would've thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea ! I love it , x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, Megan! I agree, this would be great for a Mother's Day gift. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute!! My friend loves elephants I should totally make her one for her bday. Thanks for the idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute!! I spray painted a plastic animal a couple years ago but never would have thought to use it like this! Now I'm wondering where it is...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet idea! So clever. I love the pink giraffe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is cute Megan! clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!
    What a wonderful idea!
    I should make some for my daughters room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Megan,
    I'm following you in the wonderful polyvore from another part of the globe since I live in Russia. I'm absolutely in love with your blog. Your house is gorgeous and your son is an adorable kid. I'm also a mom of two boys. However, we can only dream of our own home yet. I would greatly appreciate if you could get the word out about our crowdfunding campaign: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/head-shave-for-own-home/x/6014824?show_todos=true and http://www.gofundme.com/ownhomehopedream.
    Best wishes,
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, I love the colors that you chose! Pinning this!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's an amazing idea :D

    www.outofstandards.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read every one! I try to answer questions in the comment section since many readers are "no reply" and so everyone can benefit from the response- so please check back. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blog design + development by fabulous k HWH Blog Policies